Monday, April 18, 2011

I swear, I just blinked...

...and this happened!
Boo at about a year....     

...her engagement ring, that she designed... 

...her wedding dress fitting...

My Boo-Boo, my first grandchild and ONLY granddaughter will be 21 on Tuesday (4/19)! This can't possibly be right...it seems like only a little while ago that she would come to my place for sleepovers and we'd take the bus into downtown and spend all day window shopping and having lunch at Newberry's or Woolworth's counter. We would spend an entire day just hangin' out together and having a great time. We were BFFs...
Now she's all grown up and getting married in 2 months. I'm happy and excited for her, yet I'm sitting here typing this with tears in my eyes...I miss you, little girl...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ring she designed and the dress is gorgeous!!! She will be a gorgeous bride...even if her G'ma will be crying. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have one granddaughter and the minute I started reading your post, I was crying with you. Mine, like your has been my bff since she was born. I'm halfway to where you are right now and the time is flying by so quickly.
    Your granddaughter's design and gown are beautiful and so is she. Grandma's hearts....forever. The Olde Bagg, Linda

    ReplyDelete