Friday, August 12, 2011

I have a "black" thumb...

...meaning that if I try to grow something, I usually manage to kill it in short order! And I do love flowers...consequently, I have to resort to devious methods to be able to enjoy them, LOL!
A couple of springs ago, I bought a package of Stargazer Lily bulbs and gave them to our neighbor (the owner of a seriously GREEN thumb) to plant in HER garden so that I could see them, LOL. Only 2 of the 5 or 6 bulbs ever came up, and they didn't do very well last year, but THIS year they are beautiful!

One stalk, one bloom...

One stalk, 4 blooms!

The pond and fountain in the neighbors yard, across from our back porch. Our carport is to the left.

So I can stand on the back porch and enjoy the lovely lilies every day...I really do appreciate the fact that she's willing to plant and care for them...they're retired too, and spend lots of time gardening. It's nice to have the sound of the water bubbling and such a pretty perspective right outside the back door!

I know I haven't blogged much lately, but it's been rather (OK, very) depressed in here...my psoriasis is probably the worst it's ever been (so far) and we're all suffering from 'cabin fever' since we don't have the $$$ to even spend on the gas to go for a drive or take a day trip. And PB has her hours cut back during the summer, and so we operate on less then usual. I've started taking Vit. D3, and added Turmeric this week...and I've started taking St. John's Wort, so hopefully that will eventually help with the depression...but it's a slow process. "T3"...Things Take Time.

OK, enough of that...today I plan to start working on an 'altered' picture frame for the newlyweds, to put one of their wedding pictures in...I'll try to remember to put a photo of it up when I'm done...it's taken me a while to get all the 'stuff' I need to make it. PB found some sheet music at Goodwill the other day, so now I can start decoupaging and go from there.
Happy Friday to all...have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back blogging! I sure have missed you! xoxo

    Lucky you for finding someone to garden for you. ROFL!!

    LMFAO at the Captcha ~ "trots". BWAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete