Saturday, January 29, 2011

The GOOD news is...

I didn't publicly go Postal and commit a felony...the bad news is: I REALLY WANTED TO! I didn't even open my sarcastic mouth and embarrass my sis and myself in Goodwill last night! It would appear that my tolerance for stupid/ignorant people is getting lower as I get older...or something. But when I'm out in public, I really don't think I should have to listen when group of 3 adults spread all over the store decides to start shouting back and forth to one another: "Where's (kid #1)? Is she with you?" "Yeah, she's right here!" "Hey, (kid #2) do you hafta PEE?! C'mon, let's go PEE!" "(Kid #3) I gotsa PEE too!" "(Kid #1) But I don't gotta PEE!" Mind you, one group is in the checkout line, one group in middle of the store, and the 3rd somewhere in the back!

I kept my mouth shut...honest...but I think my ears were steaming by the time we finally got out of there. The one woman in the checkout line in front of us kept looking at me like she wasn't sure she was going to get out before I blew, LOL. Seriously, how many of your bodily functions am I required to participate in?!
Is it wrong of me to expect other people to be somewhat discreet about these things, or at least as much I as am? Is there some new level of 'open communication' that I missed after my kids grew up? I hope not!
OK, I'm done now...I feel better...thanks for listening...

The high note of the evening was that I found a Bill Bryson book I haven't read! "The Lost Continent-Travels in Small-Town America". If you haven't read any of his books...DO! He is funny, irreverent, and has a sharp eye for human nature. I personally recommend "In A Sunburned Country" and "A Walk in The Woods". The first is about his trip to Australia, the second his adventures on The Appalachian Trail. Both well worth the time!

2 comments:

  1. I have embarrased many a time by opening my gob. They got the point though. LOL
    I once chewed out a woman who brought her dog into Value Village even though the sign at the door clearly stated unless it was work dog, then no dogs allowed. She had it in her purse. I said rather loudly that the only work a purse dog could do was hand her her keys when she turns around to put teh dog in her effen car. The woman got all pissy and the sales lady just pointed her finger and told her to leave the damn dog in the car or get out & not come back. LOL
    Purse lady left and came back without her dog but bitched the entire time. She was thrown out. LMFAO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally hold the tongue.

    Even if Im TRYING to be good, several "umph..." "humph" "nuhhhhr"s (complete with the lip snarl /nose flare) come out so even if Im not SAYING it they get the picture. LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete