Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Such a warm welcome...

...was unexpected, but certainly appreciated! Especially from 2 experienced bloggers that I respect and admire so much. Thanks ladies, it was a very pleasant surprise. There really are nice people on the interwebs, it just seems that the NOT so nice ones make the news and cause consternation and frustration for so many.

The internet is such an amazing thing to me...on the days when I don't take it completely for granted, that is. When my sis and I bought our first computer, we had hopes of getting our elderly housebound mother on it to try and expand her horizons by using it for exploration and possibly communication with her family in Minnesota. Much to our dismay however, she absolutely refused to have anything to do with it...she insisted she was "too old & too stupid" to try! And nothing we did or said could change her mind. She died in 2000, a few months short of her 84th birthday, without ever having even looked at a monitor or touching a keyboard...it still makes me sad sometimes. There is so much out there that would have fascinated her and given her something to do besides watch TV while PB (my baby sister) and I were at work all day.

The two of us have never looked back since that first clunky PC...we only had the one for a long time, but finally broke down and each got our own, LOL. No more fighting over it! Now we each have a desktop, I have a laptop, and my youngest daughter, J (who lives with us) has her own "desktop replacement" laptop (it's huge!). One household, 4 PCs...but only one cellphone (J's) and no Ipods, Ipads, or other tech gadgets. Unless you count my 1.5T EHD...to back up my 1T PC to...yeah, lots of digi-scrapping kits and photos and such...

I'm thankful every day for this "window" to the world...it can make me laugh, cry, and examine my beliefs and convictions...as well as allowing me to interact with amazing, talented, funny and friendly people!

1 comment:

  1. Hey HoneyPie!

    I am so glad you are on the internet! I can't imagine my world without you in it!

    Jodiann

    ReplyDelete