Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy St. Paddy's Day...

...it's good to be Irish...even if it's only one day a year, LOL! If I had any Guinness, I'd drink it, but I'm fresh out, as they say. And since I'm the only one who likes it, there's not really any point in buying a 6-pack. I don't like beer-beer (except poured over a pork roast while it's cooking) but I do like stouts and porters. Cream stouts especially...I get Widmer Bros. Drop Top every once in a while, and it's yummy. Plus we have the McMenamin Bros. all over the place, and they brew some AMAZING things, like their seasonal specialties. McMenamins Seasonals  And their Ruby Ale, flavored with Oregon raspberries is soooo good, and I like their Terminator Stout and Black Rabbit Porter as well.
And then they have things on their menu like High Pasta:  Linguine tossed with fresh spinach, garlic, tomatoes, & roasted hazelnuts in brown butter with Parmesan cheese...OMG, it's good!
So we had our Irish Dinner a night early...and a day later than I'd planned, LOL...but it all worked out in the end!

Roasted chickie with lots of garlic...

and Colcannon

OMNOMNOMNOM!
Have a good Thursday...remember to wear something green!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say "YUM!" Ro you make me hungry!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Jodiann

    ReplyDelete