Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Psyched...

...no, not Psycho...well, not a LOT, anyway! We just ordered a HealthMaster (Montel Williams) blender/emulsifier thingy!
It'll take about a month to get here, I guess...but I'm already excited about it. We've been thinking about a Vita-Mix for quite a while, but Jeebus, they're SO freakin' expensive! This thing has pretty much the same power and does the same things, but is less than 1/2 the price. Plus they had a web special with free shipping, and that pretty much sealed the deal. So I'm looking forward to lots of smoothies with fresh fruit and yogurt and fresh spinach all whirled together in our new toy. Plus it makes soup, ice cream & sorbet, sauces and lots of other yummy stuffs too. Do any of my (many, LOLOLOL) readers have one? I've read a lot of reviews, and they really run the gamut from absolute "Oh this has changed my life" praise to "don't EVER buy this crap!" so I'm not sure what to believe...guess we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves.
So, not much else going on here in rainy PDX...lots of daffys coming up, and flowering trees starting to bloom (sniff, snort, HONK-excuse me while I wipe my watering eyes)...but Spring is definitely here! I made buckwheat waffles (Bob's Red Mill) and sausage patties for dinner tonight...NOM! Plus PB bought some Red Raspberry Syrup last time we were at the Mill store...and that is DELISH! It'd be really good on some ice cream too.
I can't decide if I'm going to go to the CK Scrapbook Convention this weekend here in town...I've been to a couple of them a few years ago, but I have so much paper and other stuff now and I know I'd just find something more I HAD to have...sigh... Maybe my granddaughter wants to go, LOL...that's a good excuse, right?
Have a happy/soggy/springy Thursday...  :)

1 comment:

  1. Morning! I THOUGHT spring was here. No more snow. Grass was greening up....
    and then yesterday I woke up to a snowstorm. We ended up with 8 inches of the white shit.
    Not amused at all....

    ReplyDelete