Tuesday, March 8, 2011

OK...I'm all packed and ready to go...

...on a Guilt Trip.
Not really, but I've taken my share over the years...and I finally decided they weren't worth the time and effort involved!
My daughter Jen and I had a conversation a couple of nights ago that made me start thinking about this... She spends a lot of time in internet Chat Rooms, and had said something which another person got all "verklempt" over. It wasn't anything bad, just a passing comment, but the other individual decided it was directed at them, and was all hurt and hostile over it. It wasn't even about them, but they took it that way. Jen said she felt bad now, and hadn't meant to cause any hurt feelings or drama. I told her she had nothing to feel bad about and that she should just ignore the other person's attempts to make her feel guilty...
a) It's not all about you, and b) really, it's NOT all about you!
"Look what you made me do!", or "See how bad you made me feel!" Nope, sorry...can't lay that blame on my doorstep. Time to stop manipulating and step up and take responsibility for yourself and how you feel. I don't need anyone to make me feel guilty about things I've said or done, I manage to do it quite well on my own, thanks! Many times I've packed up my own luggage and gone on a long and arduous guilt trip without any prompting...I just try real hard not to do it anymore. I don't always succeed, there are things that I still wish I could un-do and un-say...but I can't. So I move on...hopefully a better person for knowing that I screwed up, and having learned from it.
As for Jen, that particular person has managed to really tick her off now, LOL...by continuing to try to stir up drama where there really wasn't any. So she's not feeling guilty now, just PISSED! LOL, I love my Mouse!

2 comments:

  1. I'm bad for going on my own guilt trips. I don't need anyone else trying to make me feel guilty...
    Pissed is good....
    :waves to Jen:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, the trips to Guiltville. Unfortunately, for me anyway, Guiltville is a stop on the way to CrazyTown because that's where I usually end up after hangin' with the Guilt.

    ReplyDelete