Friday, February 11, 2011

I found the sink...

...it was hiding under every cereal bowl, spoon and cup we own, LOL! Three sick people in one household makes for a LOT of dirty dishes, and no one with enough energy to clean up after everyone... But I did get to it today, and even made pork chops and stuffing for dinner, with some buttered peas and (instant) roasted garlic baby red potatos (I Love Idahoan!)...and I owe Jen a birthday cake (um, from December) so I told her I would try to make that tomorrow. We'll see how I feel then...
PB & I did run out to K-Mart yesterday afternoon, we got a new cordless phone/answering machine and one of those laundry caddy thingys. It fits nicely in between the washer and dryer, I just wish it was longer...it doesn't really hold much. But it does keep the things we use most handy without having them on the top of the dryer.
PB went back to work today, but she was exhausted by the time she got home...I guess there was one day this week that they had 10 people out sick, so they were VERY glad to have her back! It takes a lot of bodies to feed over a thousand students 3 meals a day...plus the priests, staff/faculty and all the catering they do.
The whole crew here seems to be back on the road to recovery...but we 'staggered' coming down with it...first PB, then me, then Jen...so Jen's still feeling pretty crappy, but we did manage showers and a bedding change today too, so maybe that will help. I just hope PB didn't go back to work too soon, she looked awful when she got home. But she went to bed right at 8...she gets up at 4:30 to be at work by 6AM, so hopefully a good nights sleep will see her through tomorrow. She has Sundays & Mondays off, so that will give her a couple of days to regroup.
Thanks again for all the healthy healing wishes sent our way (towards the barn, LOL!), I do believe they helped, and they are certainly appreciated! Have a spiffy weekend all...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're on the mend, albeit slowly.
    I can just imagine the sink. ROFL!!

    Don't overdo it though...

    BTW supper sounded yummy. My two have discovered instant mashed and like them better than real. Steve says they aren't the same instant potatoes he had as a kid...

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete