Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Well, it's official...

...I'm no longer merely unemployed, I'm RETIRED! I got my first Soc. Security benefit payment today...
I think it may take me a while to get used to the reality, LOL...I pretty much always assumed that I would just keel over at my desk someday, but I certainly hadn't counted on the "reduction in force" that swept through the institution where I worked! And finding a new job here in Oregon (at my age) turned out to be a joke... So when the unemployment ran out, there really weren't many options left. So I decided to just go ahead and do it.
Between my retirement from work and Soc. Sec., I'm just over the "poverty level" guidelines for the U.S.! Yippee! Thankfully, my sis and I live together and share expenses...otherwise neither one of us would make it. Plus my youngest is here with us, and she contributes too...so we're all good.
So now I have an excuse to spend all day on the internet, ROFLMAO! Like I really needed one anyway...
OK, off to the grocery store...they're forecasting some snow for the Portland metro area over the next couple of days, so I want to make sure I don't have to go out for anything if it does!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoooooooooooo!!!! Congratulations on your retirement!!!

    Let's have a drink to celebrate shall we?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I propose a toast!

    "I used to know a clever toast,
    But pshaw! I cannot think of it --
    So fill your glass to anything
    And, bless your souls, I'll drink to it!"

    *tink*

    Congratulations Rosie! Enter Retirement with a warm hug from Texas!

    Jodiann

    ReplyDelete