Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow snow snow...

...looks like Winter finally arrived in Portland! We dodged the bullet a couple of weeks ago when they forecast snow for lower elevations here...and it didn't happen...but not this time. We had about an inch on the ground this morning, but that all had melted off by Noon. It started coming down again about 1:30PM, and is now snowing heavily with a forecast of lows in the 20s overnight tonight, and in the 'teens' tomorrow night...I think this might stick around for a few days.
Oy, glad we have lots of foodage in the house already...I'm NOT going out in it! I hate snow!
It's kind of weird, sometimes it seems we have our worst winter weather in February and March, it's worse when we've had a stretch of warmish temps, because then all the spring plants get started then frozen when it goes really cold again. And all the wild birds have been acting like it was spring, LOL...singing their territorial songs and "Look at me!" songs, and now they're huddled in the hedges wondering what the hell happened!
I'll try to remember to get a photo or two tomorrow to post...LOL, in the meantime, I think I'll have another cuppa tea and enjoy my nice warm snuggy home!

1 comment:

  1. There's another foot of white shit headed our way tomorrow.

    This is me trying to show enthusiasm.

    :crickets:

    ReplyDelete